Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010 Pup of the week is Morgan

I would like to say that this week's Pup of the Week decision was hard. But unfortunately it was all to easy, because this week we all lost one of our best friends.

I don't need to save it to the end. We all know Morgan is our pup of the week, of the month, of the year, of the decade, of the century, of the last century. His humble Mom, who adored him with a love as great as any in the world, in the blog announcing his going to the Bridge, put her friend's father's passing first, always thinking of others and even with her heart breaking, she still is putting her friend Martha's pain before her own.




We look up in the sky, and we can see Morgan's Sheriff badge shine, and we know he is looking over all of us. But in his own way he always has been. His Mom's been looking over us too, and now it's time we look over her.

Sometimes when we can't find words we steal and modify the words of others, and that's what we're doing here. So this is for Morgan the Miracle Maltese, our Pup of the Week, and his beautiful Mom.





Morgan came down from heaven yesterday
He stayed with me just long enough to rescue me
And he told me a story yesterday,
About the sweet love between a wonderful Mom and a Miracle Maltese
And then he spread his wings high over me
He said tomorrow I will be by your side

And I said "fly on my sweet Morgan,
Fly on through the sky,
Fly on my sweet Morgan,
Forever you will be by my side"

Sure enough this morning Morgan came unto me
Silver wings silhouetted against the child's sunrise
And Miracle Morgan said unto me
"today is the day to put tears aside,
Don't miss me, my love you'll carry every day
You'll see it in every pup's pretty smile"
And then she took off high over yonder

And I said "fly on my sweet Morgan,
Fly on through the sky,
Fly on my sweet Morgan,
Forever you will be by my side"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Question

 What is the oldest thing in your house that has been used by pets long before you moved into the house, and do you still use it?   Ruby'...