Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 6 2010 Pup of the Week




Another Pup of the Week with wings. I was talking with Tanner last night. He has a big party lined up for Ladybug today, just as he did for Morgan last week. But he's concerned he's going over budget for Pup of the Week parties and has asked us if we could slow down the March to the Bridge. I assured him we would like nothing more, and hopefully won't have another Pup of the Week that can only be celebrated by our Bridge contingent.


Ladybug would be our Pup of the Week if she were at the Rainbow Bridge or the Golden Gate Bridge. Her perfect puppy parents loved her more than anyone else could, they cared for her, and held her in her last minutes, and she knew she was the most loved dog on Earth.


When I think of Ladybug, even while I have tears in my eyes, I smile, because so often she made me smile, with her witty comments, her humorous blogs, her positive outlook on the bleakest forecast. When I perused my Inbox and saw that Ladybug had made a comment I always anxiously clicked on it. I vividly remember her stories of her summer vacation, in a camper with no water, her Daddy desperately trying to fix it. The majority of dogs and parents would be snarling and biting at one another, but from her blogs, you could picture Mom, Dad and Ladybug laughing and smiling about their misfortune.


The Brigade is a family, and like all family we face devastating losses, like Morgan and Ladybug, and we mourn. Then slowly, as painful as it is, we begin to pull ourselves from the quicksand of sorrow and move onward, sharing in triumphs: Kady being welcomed into her new family, Holly establishing the first mouse kitchen for homeless kitties, Ruger and Daddy becoming foster brothers, Dulce and Barge organizing a scavenger hunt, and in sorrow: the Pack being unable to go with their Mom to Germany and being split up.


Life has quite a few ups and down, mostly downs lately. But like sky scrapers, rising up, floor by floor, we will climb to great heights of happiness, and fall into pits of sorrow again. And in the end?


At the end there's the bridge, where Morgan, Ladybug, and so many others await for us. Where there is no death, no illness, where no one leaves or gets hurt, where there is only peace and love. That's the reward for the ride.


And now, for, Ladybug, our Pup of the Week, I will sing one of my favorite songs: Company, accompanied by Pocket peeing on the piano:




I'll remember you too clearly
But I'll survive another day
No one to keep me awake
Begging for long walks to take
I'll imagine how we'd play

I'll see you in another life now, baby
I'll be with you in my dreams
But when I reach across the galaxy
I will miss your company

Company
I'll be looking for company
Look and listen
Through the years
Someday you may hear me
Still crying for company

So now you're going off to the Rainbow Bridge
And maybe I will open my doors to another young pup
But we'll never be the same
And I know I'll never have this chance again
No, not like you

I'll see you in another life now, baby
I'll be with you in my dreams
But when I reach across the galaxy
I will miss your company

Company
I'll be looking for company
Look and listen
Through the years
Someday you may hear me
Still crying for company


Goodnight, Miss Ladybug, wherever you are

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Question

 What is the oldest thing in your house that has been used by pets long before you moved into the house, and do you still use it?   Ruby'...