Sunday, June 1, 2014

Maggie is our June 1, 2014 Pup of the Week

All of us dogs hate pains in the butt, for me it was Pocket, but our very good friend Maggie had a serious pain in the butt this week, and it might lead to an operation.
When Maggie’s Mom took her outside to do her business on Thursday her Mom saw that Maggie was bleeding from her behind.  Her Mom was surprised.  Maggie hates to cause problems for anyone, and even though she was in pain, she never made a sound.
Her Mom became immediately concerned and told Maggie that she was too brave and needed to tell her when she was feeling poorly, but Maggie lives with boys, and we all know how much boys complain, so she decided not to bother her Mom and to suffer.
Maggie’s Mom took her to the vet. She was diagnosed with an abscess on her butt.  She was given two shots, put on three different medications and got her back quarters shaved against her wishes.
I feel especially close to Maggie because I have been to her house.  It was before she arrived, her brother Pokey was there, and he became one of my best dog friends and his
Mom became one of my most special human friends.  She gives her valuable time to transporting our homeless friends to their forever families every weekend.  
To make matters worse Maggie had her birthday on Saturday and nobody wants a pain in the butt on their birthday, or to feel poorly.  Maybe when she gets better we can throw her another birthday party.  
I saw on the humanbook that Maggie was not responding to her medicine and might need surgery so I am asking for prayers that Maggie recovers and does not need surgery, and, if the answer is no, I ask that she come through the surgery with no problems and recovers quickly.
And if you take no other lesson from this take this.  If you have a pain in the butt let Mom know.
Best wishes, feel better soon, and happy birthday Maggie

6 comments:

  1. Prayers for Maggie. Gee, what a pain in the butt -- literally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll keep our paws crossed!!!

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paws crossed for you sweetie
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sweet Maggie. I will be sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We send Maggie healing vibes and POTP. We hope she is better soon and we also wish her Happy Birthday.
    Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep telling my mom and telling my mom that Margaret Mae and Angus McConnell are BIG pains in my butt but hers won't even listen to me. I sure hopes your little friend gets to feeling better.
    Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday