Friday, April 3, 2015

Ask Aunt Foley: From Max - Update on an elevator at the Bridge

Dear Aunt Foley:  Why are there so many stairs leading from Rainbow Bridge to where we reside.  Why can’t there be an elevator or an escalator?  Angel Max

Dear Angel Max:  I received this question several days ago and responded to it immediately   I thought it was a capitol idea.  In fact, when I first arrived at the Bridge I was met at the top of the stairs by Max’s Aunt Ladybug.  I always assumed the stairs were her idea and was too polite to tell her the climb was exhausting.  But, after Max’s, query I asked Ladybug and she said she did not know why the stairs were there either.

We formed a committee including our mortal friend Hobo Hudson and drew up several designs for a luxury elevator to lift newly arrive angels to the top of the Bridge in style with treats and drinks.  I designed an elevator that was like Willy Wonka’s and could fly over the Bridge so the newly arriving angels could see everything. (Gene Wilder’s Willy Wonka, not Johnny Depp’s.  There is nothing here based on Johnny Depp.)

I flew the ideas up the mountain to the Big Guy.  I told him about our concerns and showed him our plans.  He glanced at them and then went back to writing in the big book he is always working on.

“What do you think?” I asked.

“The stairs have always been there and they always will be.  It is written,” he said as he kept writing.

“Where is it written?” I asked.

“In this book,” he explained.  “This is where everything is written and once I write it it is written.”

“But you are continually writing in the book, which means the book can be modified.  Surely you can make a modification for a simple elevator.”

He put down his pen.   “I record what has happened, hot what will happen.  I have given all my creatures free will.  My creations can change the book, and then I write it down and it is written.  If some of my beings were to build an elevator, and I liked it, I would write it down in this book, and it would be written.”

“So we can build the elevator?”

“As I said, you have free will.  You can do what you like.”

“And if you don’t like it?”

“I will hit it with a lightening bolt and destroy it,” he said, then he picked up his quill and began writing again, a sure sign I had been dismissed.

So Max let’s get started on that elevator.  And when it is done it will either be written and become part of the book or will be smoted and then we can get marshmallows and toast them then get back to the drawing board.

Thanks for reminding us that we all have the free will to change the book if we are strong enough to stand up and ask “why not?”

For more Ask Aunt Foley click HERE 

 

2 comments:

Poetry Thursday

    Once again, Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday. Here is this week's entry and my...