Friday, May 29, 2015

Tails From Rainbow Bridge: The Warm Up Angels


This is a picture of my garden.  I am very proud of it.  During the long, cold, snowy winter I would enter Mommy’s dreams and we would spend all night planning every plant and flower down to the final detail. But we were not prepared for two additions.
The first can barely be seen.  It is a pink rose bush.  It is a shoot from Daddy’s grandfather’s rose bush. It is wrapped around the small black trellis at the bottom of the picture.   Daddy’s cousin Jan had been the caretaker of the family flower and we were honored to share caretaking duties although I was not sure I wanted the rose bush in my garden but Mommy assured me with a little luck we would soon have lovely pink roses to put a smile on the face of my blue lady.

The second detail was my angel.  For two years after my passing my angel lit up my garden at night.  It spent the winter in the shed where it would be safe and unburied.  Early in the spring Daddy took it out of the shed and planted it at the edge of my garden by the bush Hobo Hudson’s parents sent me.  But when the sunset my angel would not come to light.

Mommy and I knew what we had to do.  It was time for a new angel.  She found a special angel that lit even brighter and changed color.  Mommy ordered it and a few days later it arrived.

Daddy took it out of the package and put it in the ground.  I couldn’t wait to see it.  I was sure it would be the prettiest angel ever.  Daddy took the old angel, the one who looked over my garden for two years, the one that shone all night long and let my parents know I was thinking of them, and brought it over to the trash barrel.  

Suddenly I realized I could not let my angel go.  It had served me so loyally.  It is very difficult for an angel to change something on the mortal side of the bridge but I concentrated on my original angel as much as I could.  Daddy had placed it in the trash and was closing the top when I made the angel light up for the first time this spring.

Daddy saw it glowing and removed it from the trash.  He brought it over to the garden and put it opposite the new angel and waited for night time.  Right at dusk, before my new angel lit up, the old angel shined brightly.  it didn’t shine for long, and was extinguished shortly after my new brighter, more colorful angel lit up.

I am so happy my original angel is shining again if only for a short time.  I have my original angel, now my warm angel, shine first, until my main angel comes on.  I love having two angels in my garden.  And I am so glad my warm up angel is working again 

4 comments:

  1. That is a very beautiful story. And I am happy that the first angel,, the origional angel was removed out of the trash,,,,! And you stand beside the new angel.. just as it should be.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet story, two angels are better than one!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even a dim angel is still an angel.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your special garden is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Poetry Thursday

    Once again, Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday. Here is this week's entry and my...