Thursday, November 26, 2015

What I Am Thankful for By River Song

Bed:  I am thankful for the big bed.  There is nowhere better to snuggle than the bed.  I would stay in bed all day if I could and when I am taken out I always whine.
Second Bed:  Second bed is when we are taken out of bed to do our business, then, if our parents don’t have anywhere to go, we get back into bed.  Once there we get plenty of rubs, scratches, and Pocket and I romp and play.  There is nothing like a second bed day.
Walks:  The smells from the ground and in the air, seeing, and showing off for our neighbors, getting stranger’s rubs and tickles, our parents going out and taking us with them, the chance to relieve ourselves, there is nothing better than a walk.
Mom’s Lap:  My favorite place in the world.  It is even better than the big bed.  Mommy has the perfect lap.  No too hard.  No too soft.  Goldilocks would climb in her lap and never leave.  Her lap is perfectly sculpted for a dog.  It is a lap above all others.
Blanket Help:  This is when you are on top of the blanket and you want to get under the blanket but  you can’t because you are standing on the blanket and someone picks you up off the blanket so you can get under the blanket.  Being blanket blocked is very frustrating.
Food:  Kibble, chicken, turkey, pumpkin, apples, cornflakes, it is all heaven to me.  I could eat all day long but I need to take a break to be on beds, laps and blankets.
My Kong:  I have my Kong at 10:00 every night.  If I do not get it at 10:00 I jump on Daddy’s lap and glare at him until he gives it to me.  I am also thankful of my very frightening glare.
Pocket:  She is a bit of a pain, she takes Mom’s lap sometimes, she gets in my spot in the bed, she eats food that could go to me, but all in all she is a good sister and has taught me a lot.
Daddy’s body heat:  I love to snuggle in bed with Mommy but when it gets cold I go to Daddy because he gives off more heat the a furnace going full blast.  He could melt a candle.
My friends:  I am so lucky to have so many friends, on Tanner Brigade, on Facebook and in Blogville.   If I have the slightest problem they are there for me.  They make me feel good about myself. they give me lots of smiles, prayers and love.  Our lives would not be as happy without our friends.
My parents:  Here is something we all have in common.  We all have the best parents in the world.  I certainly do.  I love them and want to be with them all the time.  I sit on Mommy’s feet when she cooks, sit near her when she is seated, and sleep next to her.  I am a true velcro dog.  I love my parents and never let them out of my sight unless I get crated.
And I am thankful that none of my friends or family have been caught up in the hatred spreading like wildfire through our world and I pray that this continues for time on end.
Happy Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

  1. That is an excellent song! So much to celebrate. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thankful for you, Foley and Pockets stories as they have enlightened us, encouraged us, comforted us and made us smile though out all the years. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from Molly and my Mom @ The Fast and the Furriest

      Delete
  2. Those are certainly wonderful things to be thankful for, not only today, but every day!

    Happy Thanksgiving ! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thankfulness!
    Happy Thanksgiving
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving is good. :)


    Luv, Angel Keisha and Murphy the Poodle

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are thankful for your friendship!!!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday