Thursday, August 3, 2017

My Vet Trip and What Happened to my Jumper by River Song

On Tuesday I went to the vet for my yearly checkup.  I know many of you have been concerned about my lost jumper, and I don’t want to keep you in suspense.  The vet thinks I have a pinched nerve in my back and she put me on some yummy medication.  Hopefully, I will have my jumper back soon.  If not my parents have learned how to lift me gently and I like the lifting.
I blame Pocket.  She gets on my nerves a lot.  And sometimes she sleeps with her head on me.  Her personality gets on my nerves, and then her sleeping head pinched them.  And I haven’t got an apology yet.
My parents, in a very insulting and demeaning manner, tried to body shame me by openly speculating about my supposed weight gain.  They even took it upon themselves, without getting a medical opinion, to start working carrots into my treat rotation.  I don’t mind the carrots, but I resented the implication.  The first thing the vet techs did was weigh me.  I had not gained a single ounce.  I made my parents walk down the hallway between exam rooms while medical professionals threw Beggin’ Strips at them and yelled “Shame.”
I got my shots and my inspection without a single yip or finding.  Then it was time for my to entertain the staff and I killed it.
A tech took my picture and began giving me treats.  She didn’t give me one treat like my parents do.  She gave me treat after treat.  It was heaven.  Then other vets and techs came in the room to tell me how cute I was and to scratch me.  My tail was wagging at lightening speed.
There must have been five people crowded in the room around me giving me attention and asking my mom about me.  Most of them had never seen a Brussels Griffon before.  My mom was very proud to tell them all what a terrific breed we are and what a great dog I am.
When we went into the waiting to room to pay the bill, there were more staff and guests telling me how beautiful I was.  I did not need the affirmation, but it was nice to hear.  It is special when people don’t just recognize the obvious but state it as well.
I got home, and even before my first pill, I was strutting around the house, knowing I was the Queen of the Vets.  
I may be still earth bound because of my injury, but in my heart, I was jumping ten feet in the air.






11 comments:

  1. Oh River, you are too precious!!
    ~The Wild Ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom says she would have right there ooohing and ahhing over your cuteness. We sure hope the yummy medicine helps your jumper come back
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh River, who could resist that face??! NOBODY! Ma says, "Oh, they are soooo cute!" (yes, she thinks Pocket is adorables too, butts she didn't knows about the sleepin' ON you thing, so....) I do hopes you gets your jumper back, butts in the meantime, milk it for all it's worth! Oh, and you thinks You could have my Ma do that walk of shame????
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. River I am so happy that you had such a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure am glad you are doing okay and yummy medicine is sure a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I go to the vet, they give me desiccated liver treats. They're delicious! But I still hate going there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Queen of the Vets! That's a fantastic title. And queens don't have to jump. They have minions to do the heavy lifting. Oh, perhaps that's rude, we don't mean weight heavy...um maybe we'd better stop right here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Mom must have some vet knowledge in that silly brain somewhere because that is what she was thinking it could be. We hope rest makes that nerve better soon.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to get such positive attention. They had probably never seen such beauty! Hope your jumper comes back with the meds!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    Pee Ess - Tell your pawrents no more body shaming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we hates it when they think we are overweight, we always show them up on the scales also...ahahhahah stella rose

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday